Movie 356- Christmas Movies- Black Christmas

Directed by Bob Clark
Starring Olivia Hussey
              Margo Kidder
              John Saxon

No Claire, it's the Mormon Tabernacle Choir making their annual obscene phone call.

A sorority house is terrorized by a stranger who makes frightening phone calls and then murders the sorority sisters during Christmas break.
I really like this movie, it's one of my favorite horror movies.  I think it's great that the same guy who directed A Christmas Story did this too.  The new version is ok, I think it spends too much time going through the killers back-story, which seems to be the new thing to do in all these horror movie reboots.  I like not knowing why the killer is doing what he's doing.  The cast is good, John Saxon is great as the cop trying to solve the case.  I think the story is original and I like how it's funny at times, while still being scary.  When I was going through my movies and came across this one I had to watch it after White Christmas, it was too perfect to pass by.

0 comments:

Post a Comment