Movie 349- Christmas Movies- The Thin Man

Directed by W.S. Van Dyke
Starring William Powell
             Myna Loy
             Maureen O'Sullivan

I don't like crooks. And if I did like 'em, I wouldn't like crooks that are stool pigeons. And if I did like crooks that are stool pigeons, I still wouldn't like you.

After a four year absence, one time detective Nick Charles returns to New York with his new wife Nora and their dog, Asta. He's also approached by Dorothy Wynant, father Clyde Wynant is suspected of murdering his mistress/secretary. Her father had left on a planned trip some months before and she has had no contact with him. Nick isn't all that keen on resuming his former profession but egged-on by wife Nora, who thinks this all very exciting, he agrees to help out. He solves the case, announcing the identity of the killer at a dinner party for all of the suspects.

I love this movie, Myrna Loy and William Powell had great chemistry and this series was so much fun, every one is good, but this one is my favorite, the one liners are great, as are the facial expressions the two give each other.  There's been talk of remaking this but I don't think that anyone else can do what Myrna Loy and William Powell have done.  If you've never seen this check this out, it's a great old comedy.

0 comments:

Post a Comment