Movie 340- Christmas Movies- National Lampoon's Christmas Vacation

Directed by Jeremiah S. Chechik

Starring Chevy Chase
             Beverly D'Angelo
             Juliette Lewis 
            Randy Quaid

Can I refill your eggnog for you? Get you something to eat? Drive you out to the middle of nowhere and leave you for dead?

Hapless Clark, exasperated Ellen and their kids gear up for Christmas in this Vacation. As usual, all the good intentions in the world can't save them from disaster ... or Cousin Eddie, whose unannounced visit throws the house into further disarray.

It's been years since I saw this movie, it was as funny as I remembered it, it was pretty cool to see downtown Chicago and Marshall Fields, we would go downtown every Christmas and have dinner at the restaurant and look at the windows.  The cast is great and the story is hilarious.  It made me want to watch the other Vacation movies. I thought it was funny to see what Wal-Mart looked like in 1989, and what dog food cost too.  My favorite part is Clark's meltdown.

0 comments:

Post a Comment