Movie 336- Christmas Movies- The Ref

Directed by Ted Demme
Starring Denis Leary
              Kevin Spacey
              Judy Davis
              Glynis Johns
              Christine Baranski
              Richard Bright

You know what I'm going to get you next Christmas, Mom? A big wooden cross, so that every time you feel unappreciated for your sacrifices, you can climb on up and nail yourself to it.

Gus, a burglar, is about to score on Christmas Eve by breaking into a posh home in the suburbs. But his plans change when he trips up the alarm and takes the occupants hostage. Or is it the other way around? After all, his hostages include the house's owners, an endlessly bickering husband and wife on the verge of divorce, and Gus finds himself refereeing their blistering -- and constant -- arguments.

I love this movie, it's hilarious.  The cast is perfect, there are so many great lines that it was hard to pick out the one I wanted to use for my quote, but the one I chose was my favorite.  This is one of the best Christmas movies from the 90's, but I can watch it anytime of the year, Denis Leary is great, and Kevin Spacey is so funny in this, he was the reason I first saw this movie, and it's still one of my favorite movies he's done.  I love the family dinner, and when they go to open presents, writing this review makes me want to watch it all over again.


0 comments:

Post a Comment