Movie 334- Family/Kids Movies- Labyrinth

Directed by Jim Henson
Starring Jennifer Connelly
              David Bowie

You have thirteen hours in which to solve the labyrinth, before your baby brother becomes one of us... forever.

Sarah embarks on a life-altering quest when she attempts to rescue her little brother, Toby, from the clutches of treacherous Jareth the Goblin King, who lives in a castle surrounded by a giant labyrinth. With just 13 hours to plot a course through the dangerous maze, Sarah must grow up fast, learn her responsibilities and muster supreme courage.

How great is this movie?  It's got David Bowie in it and it's got puppets, and great songs and a cool story.  I remember watching this in my English class in Junior High, why we watched it I don't really remember, but I do remember how much I enjoyed it.  They don't make movies like this anymore.  I like how it's a bit of a mash up of Alice in Wonderland and other fairy tales.  Love the adventure and the story.

0 comments:

Post a Comment